Currently in the top 100 on Steam Greenlight after their successful Kickstarter, Balrum offers a fat and ambitious features list:
- Real-Time world with Turn-Based Combat
- A huge Open World to explore with dozens of Dungeons
- Your Choices define your Class
- Dozens of Side Quests and an epic Main Quest
- Building / Farming
- An animal Pet as your loyal companion
- Deep Crafting Systems (Alchemy, Cooking, Weapon Crafting, Armor Crafting, Item Combining)
- Day/Night Cycle with Weather System
- Survival Mechanics
Some choices will leave the old geezers of RPGs scratching their heads (lack of party based combat, story driven class selection), but Balrum offers a curious blend of game mechanics with the potential to be something really good. Who doesn’t love a well made sandbox?
For now all we can do is wait, hope and vote for Balrum on Greenlight.
Here, have a trailer.
Share this Post