The release of Hard West, the anticipated tactical turn-based western of six-shooters and the supernatural, is being pushed back to give the developers more time for additional finishing touches and fine-tuning. Hard West will now be coming to PC (Win/Mac/Linux) on November 18th.
Hard West’s Lead Designer, Kacper Szymczak, said:
“Creating a game is an ever-shifting process in which one change can lead to another. Although we recently announced a release date, a few last-minute changes revealed some excellent opportunities for improvements. While it would be easy to patch in little details, we all know how we feel about such moves. When the game releases, it should be as good as it can be.
The scope of Hard West and its story is going to surprise a lot people. Its complex, with choice and consequence, and this extra time allows us to ensure that everything has the level of polish it deserves.”
Follow Warren on his descent into the darkest recesses of the human soul, and try to survive in a world full of hard choices and even harder consequences. In this world, death is a constant presence and the black pacts you make will forever haunt all those around you.
Fight your way through 40 missions of henchmen, cultists, and cannibals in your quest for vengeance. Uncover the plans of the ancient powers at play and make difficult choices that resonate throughout your journey. Collect and combine poker cards to craft special abilities, and arm yourself with an eclectic collection of firearms including outlandish prototypes of the era.
Hard West is the second game from Warsaw-based studio, CreativeForge Games, and features the talented writing of Haris Orkin (Company of Heroes 2, Dying Light and Call of Juarez series), and an original score composed by Marcin Przybyłowicz (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt).
Hard West, coming November 18th, can be pre-ordered now with a 20% discount via Steam.
- A Unique “Weird” West World: Explore a world where Western legends meet demons, arcane rituals and satanic cults and where the dead can walk the Earth again. For a price.
- Compelling Turn-based Combat: Control 1-4 squad members in thrilling turn-based combat encounters and master a range of powerful western-inspired special abilities, from feats of gunslinging to survivability against all odds, to take out your opponents in a series of original tactical maps with unique story-based objectives.
- Collect and Combine Special Abilities: Obtain new special abilities by collecting and equipping unique cards which are earned throughout the game by completing main- and optional objectives, exploration , bartering, treasure hunting and more. These cards can be combined to create even more powerful combos, and provide additional options in combat.
- Choice and Fate: Experience a deep story where decisions made during and between combat scenarios will resonate through future events and change the ultimate fates of a divisive group of colourful characters.
- Luck of the Draw: Use a combat system that goes far beyond pure probability by featuring luck as a unique guardian of engaging and challenging combat.
- Dynamic Cover: Change the flow of combat thanks to an extensive cover system which allows for the creation of effective cover from objects in the environment, making flanking and maneuvering during battles a truly powerful tactic.
- Shadow Spotting: Exploit the Blazing western sun to Locate out of sight enemies by the shadows that they cast, along with the sounds they make.
- Ricochets: Utilize Metal objects to allow master gunslingers to shoot beyond the line of sight for increased tactical combat options, and diversified planning.
- 40 Historically Inspired Weapons: Equip and employ an eclectic collection of deadly shotguns, rifles, pistols and sniper rifles, all based upon real outlandish prototypes, designs and ideas from the era
Watch the new Direct Gameplay Footage here:
Share this Post