Parabole has revealed a new trailer for Kôna’s first episode, called Kôna: Day One, due for launch in January 2016 on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
In Kôna: Day One, private detective Carl Faubert arrives in an eerie Northern Canadian town to investigate cases of vandalism reported by W. Hamilton, a rich industrialist known to have disagreements with the local Cree community. But an unexpected blizzard is ravaging the area, and Faubert’s client seems to have missed their rendezvous. Something is definitely off…
Kôna is an episodic and narrative-driven interactive tale in which the player faces many mysteries and challenges in a wintry rural environment in the year 1970. You incarnate Carl Faubert, a war veteran now private detective who must travel to Atamipek Lake in Northern Canada to solve a simple, yet lucrative case. Your client is a rich industrialist and copper mine magnate who goes by the name of W. Hamilton. The latter accuses the local Cree community of vandalizing and stealing from his summer residence and hunting manor. The Crees are no friends to Hamilton, as they accuse him of destroying sacred lands for the sole purpose of increased profits. From driving to shooting to scene-searching, Kôna combines the atmosphere and immersion of a modern survival title with the deep storytelling and puzzle-solving aspects of a traditional adventure game. By blending and wrapping several gameplay mechanics around its scenario, the game aims to blur the lines that define today’s genres.
- Step into an interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town
- Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive
- Complete the first of four episodes, each offering one to two hours of play
- Immerse yourself fully with VR compatibility
- Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band Curé Label
- Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller
- Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities
Share this Post