After 18 months of development, the team at Sheado.net is finally ready to distribute press preview builds of their twin-stick shmup: A Quiver of Crows.
You can also watch the latest developer let’s play video:
“Shmups and twin-stick shooters are amongst our favorite genres,” exclaimed Chad Ata, lead developer. “There are tons of these games out there, and we knew that we had to put our own unique spin on the genre into the game in order for it to stand out from the rest.” The game’s most unique features include the following:
- Organic rather than mechanical characters and environments.
Most games in the genre are either set in space or militarily themed. Instead, the team opted for ghouls and demons for the enemies and crows as the player characters.
- 360 degree motion with gravity and ragdoll physics.
Another particularly unique aspect of the game is its use of ragdoll physics. A side-view perspective and 360 degrees of motion allow players to swiftly move about a stage while dodging and attacking enemies. The ragdoll physics come into play when enemies die and fall to the ground, their bodies becoming additional dynamic bullet blocking obstacles for the player navigate.
Other interesting features of the game include:
- Upgradeable weapons, special attacks, and shields inspired by traditional shmups.
- Ability to switch weapons and special attacks in-game.
- Local co-op.
- Original classically-inspired soundtrack.
Share this Post